14 Mar 2014

Get Lucky Nail Art Challenge - Shades of Green

Hello everyone! Todai is the first day of the short but sweet Get Lucky Nail Art Challenge, hosted by Jessica from Be Happy and Buy Polish. There are four prompts, starting today with "Shades of Green". Time was a factor today so I had to keep it simple and went for the trusty distressed nails look (original tutorial by Chalkboard Nails here), but I was really happy with the finished set!

I started with a French White base and then pulled out some of my favourite greens (Jessica Victorian Crush, Sinful Colors Exotic Green, Barry M Key Lime, Color Club Abyss and LA Colors Sea Foam). I wiped each brush until they were almost dry and dragged them across the nail quite randomly until most of the white was covered. I then finished with Seche Vite.






Despite the fact that none of these colours looked like they'd work together, I think they all create a jungle-ish, tropical rainforest vibe that is pretty cool! 

Tomorrow's prompt is "Ireland Inspired" and I will be back with that one tomorrow. In teh meantime, follow the links below to see a sea of green ;)

Sam xx

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks great! :D It almost reminds me of jungle vines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours totally work together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete