17 Jun 2013

NCC Neon Month - post 2 (and an catch up!)

Hello again everyone! Sorry I've been away for so long! I totally intended to be back up and running after my surgery within a few days, but it just didn't turn out that way :( I had my stitches out at the weekend (even though I might need a few more - owie!) and have been furiously trying to catch up on my various challenges as well as catching up on blog posts and Facebook etc. Normal service will be resumed this week - promise!!!

So to start things off, I'm back with my second mani for the Nail Challenge Collaborative's Neon Month. I settled on an abstract neon French for which I used my beloved LA Colors neons, Absolute (pink), Mint (green), Hottie (coral/orange) and Flicker (yellow) over a base of Ciate Cutie Pie. I separated the colours with LA Colors Black Velvet and smoothed it all out with Seche Vite!






As always, getting the brightness of the neon was a nightmare - I deliberately tried not to turn the contrast up so much that my skin looks hideously discoloured but there's only so much I could do! 

I have my other neon manis ready to go - just 100 photos to edit and watermark and a ton of blog posts to write and I'll be back on track! Don't forget to check out all of the other lovely neon nails using the links below :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! They're soooo bright! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too gorgeous! I demand a tutorial!!! Please please please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never done a tutorial, but might give it a go now :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments everyone :)

    ReplyDelete